Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rules for staying healthy!

I always get questions on how do I stay healthy. While I do work out 5 – 6 times a week, my diet is the most important part of my regiment.  I have put together some Rules for Staying Healthy. I hope this helps!
Rules for Staying Healthy:
1.       Eating is 80% of your weight and health. I always say you can’t work out a bad diet. If you’re eating right your 80% on your way!
2.      Eat Clean! Eating clean means eating foods that grow or are raised. So stay away from things that are packaged. Eat things like fruits, vegetables, eggs, nuts, and lean animal protein. Next time you go to the grocery store notice that the “clean” foods are on the perimeter of the store. Packaged foods are down the aisles. Stay away from the aisles as much as possible
3.      Don’t drink your calories. So many people are drinking drinks high in calories and sugar and are not accounting them in their total caloric intake. I drink one cup of coffee a day and drink water all day long. I personally would rather splurge on chocolate rather than a soda!
4.      Eat 5-6 balanced meals a day. A balanced meal consists of lean protein, a complex carb, and a healthy fat.
5.      Eat 4-5 servings of vegetables a day.
6.      Avoid Bad Stuff in your food. The Bad Stuff  I suggest avoiding are:
a.      High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
b.      Trans Fats – Do not but anything that has the word hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated
c.       Preservatives
d.      Nitrates

I hope this helps! Here’s to staying healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment